Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sam's Quilt


I received a yard of fabric to help finish the border of Sam's quilt that mom started. She had all 18 blocks finished minus a few sashes. I pieced the triangle corners and put the blocks together. I found a neat site on line that helps you locate missing fabric. Within a week I received an email from a neat gal in Michigan. She has 4000 yards of fabric in her home...that's right 4000 yards. The woman is a quilt-a-holic with a very understanding husband. I thought it was great that she took the time to search her stash to find the one yard I needed to complete my project.

I'll add a red binding and either a blue or red back fabric. I'm going to design a quilt pattern for the top that will make the hearts pop. I'm still learning and having fun. I used a herringbone basting stitch and didn't have any trouble with the last quilt shifting during the quliting process, so I'll try that again. I think pin basting would be faster, but I'm concerned about the shift factor.

No comments: