Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sam's Quilt is finished!!! Praise God!!

I ended up stippling in the triangles and borders and outlined the hearts and sashes. All in all a fun first quilt project for both mom and me!
This shows the stippling up close a bit more


Here the red back with white thread shows all my fun and every mistake.


This was some leftover flannel that I pieced into blocks and then tied with soft baby yarn.

The top piece is a leftover from mom's stash. She had made my first baby blanket from it 45 yrs ago... and now I used the leftover for my first grand baby, Lord willing. I finished the edges with a decorative pale pink stitch that is difficult to see. Definitely a soft and snuggly blankie.







1 comment:

Charity said...

Pam! That looks fantastic! You done really good. :) No wonder Sam loves it. I knew you were going to be a natural at this. How cool to think that you're following in your Mom's footstep.

Charity