Monday, July 14, 2008

Melissa's quilt is finished

Childhood Memories - for Melissa
I made this quilt out of old fabric that mom had used to sew clothes for her children. Melissa and I can go through this quilt and point out the fabric mom used to make a dress, or pajamas or a doll dress. It was a lot of fun going through all the boxes and talking about our memories. The Hawaiian fabric used for the back and border mom purchased when she and dad went to Hawaii in the early 70's.
This was a first attempt at quilting and I know I have a lot to learn. Melissa promised to squint when she looks at my stitches.
Next on the table is to finish the red white and blue quilt for Sam that mom had started. I found a yard of the Patrick Lose fabric online and am waiting for it to arrive to finish the border.

We started school last Monday. We have history and science to finish up from last year. The kids are less than thrilled. Thankfully this Alaskan summer is wet and cloudy so being inside isn't nearly as painful as it would be if it were 70 and sunny. I'm hoping we'll finish up in 4 weeks and be able to take a couple weeks off in August before the new year begins again.
Hope everyone is having a terrific summer.

1 comment:

Patrick and Team said...

I'm honored to have my fabric designs as a part of your quilt. Best wishes to you :)

Cheers!
Patrick