Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy 75th Birthday Mom


Today Beverly Joyce was born to Violet Elaine and Lloyd Garfield Brown. I wonder what was going through Grandma Vi's mind. She had Betty Jo and Barbara Jean and now a third daughter, Beverly Joyce! Whose idea was it to name their daughters with B's and J's?
I'm finishing up the first quilt that mom started. She made it for Sam. I'm enjoying working on it, my first machine quilt. I need to find some fabric for the border and then I'll be able to finish it up. I was telling Sam how grandma made each of the heart blocks and that she made them just for him. He thought that was pretty special.
Today is Father's Day and Tony is working a 12hr shift. The kids got up early and made him breakfast; cheese & veggie omelet, spam and rice (a Hawaiian thing), cinnamon toast and fruit cup. We'll surprise him with a picnic lunch after church. Emily wrote the sweetest poem for her dad. In general we just spoil everyone rotten on their special day.
We are off to church. Hope your day is blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nicely written Pam.
Uncle Don and I are still holding all of you up in prayers. Your verses for reference were spot on and appreciated as well.

Our lives are seperated by miles but connected tightly by Our LORD and Savior.