Monday, February 11, 2008

Sleeping Lots

Sunday we had church and a potluck to vote in our new Senior Pastor. It was almost unanimous. Joe and his wife live in Pasco WA. We all loved him and can't wait for him to accept and move up. We've been without a senior pastor for 5 yrs now.

Mom had a quiet day. Slept a lot, ate very little and drank little. She refused all pills. She did have some pain and requested a pain pill. Just 1/2 a pill seems to put her to sleep. She is talking less today. All her vitals are good and her lungs continue to be clear.

Monday...The nurse is coming today as usual. Mom is very sleepy, not waking up much. She did ask for water and I am quick to get in an "I love you" and a kiss with her drink. She told me she loved me too, smiled then drifted back tosleep. I ask her if she is in pain and she shakes her head no. Praise God!

I called the doctor for liquid oxycodone. Since she isn't taking food, I don't want her to struggle with the pills if she needs them. Tony is picking up the RX on his way home this afternoon.

It feels pretty heavy here, like we know what is coming, but not when.

God is Good even when life is hard. Don't leave anything unsaid....get to it!!

No comments: