Monday, February 11, 2008

Sleeping like a baby

The nurse left, she has ordered oxygen for mom. Her breathing isn't distressed, but the nurse thought it might clear her head up a bit and since she has shallow abdominal breathing it might bring her some comfort. The medical supply company will deliver it in the morning.

The oxygen might give mom mental clarity and she might rally. The nurse said days or weeks, but it really is difficult to know for sure. Her lungs are clear, her vitals are normal.

The nurse put mom on her service every day this week incase we need her to come. Sharon is really an angel and such a comfort to me. I ask her all the time if I'm doing everything I can and am I doing it right. She is a gentle teacher and a caring advocate for mom.

Time to turn and hydrate mom.

God is always good!

I know who is sustaining me and giving me the energy to get the job done with compassion and grace...Thank-you Jesus!

1 comment:

lindaliz said...

Hi Pam and family,
I finally got this blog form Tamie. I wish I had contacted her earlier. Please hug Joy and Don for me. Uncle Don knows how much we love and miss him and Joy. It is wonderful that you and your family are there to take care of Joy. I am sharing this information with other family members. Please, please, take care of yourself. I have never been there but Alaska looks beautiful.
Love Ever,
Linda (Liz)