Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Need a Nap

The doctor doesn't think mom needs oxygen and he is probably right. She isn't in any distress at this point. But knowing that it will take a week or so to get it approved is concerning. So we have an appointment to have Hospice come in. I guess they have standing orders and can get oxygen easily along with pain meds incase she needs them.

Mom is resting quietly today. I'm turning her every 2 to 2 1/2 hours during the day. She continues to refuse food and medicine. I was able to get her lactulose into some juice yesterday but today she won't take anything but water.

For short moments of time mom will have her eyes open and will answer questions and other times she yawns and down go her eyelids. I think she is tired of working at living, poor thing. She is just worn out.

I'm very sleepy today. I didn't have any trouble sleeping, but I woke up earlier than usual and stayed up. I think I'll go curl up on dad's bed next to mom and rest.

Dad and Tony will go to Anchorage tomorrow to get groceries. I'll stay with mom. Dad hasn't mastered the roll and change routine I've got going, so I'll stay home and keep things on track. I think dad needs a day out, he hasn't gone anywhere in awhile.

New snow today.... 3" and still falling. Beautiful and peaceful.


Face to face with Christ my Savior,
Face to face- what will it be -
When with rapture I behold Him,
Jesus Christ Who died for me?
Only faintly now I see Him,
With the darkling veil between;
But a blessed day is coming,
When His glory shall be seen.
Face to face I shall behold Him,
Far beyond the starry sky
Face to face in all His glory,
I shall see Him by and by! Carrie Beck


Well mom surprised me...she woke up and said "I'm hungry"...so I brought her a warm Chocolate Boost and she drank 1/4 of it. I put her up high in her bed and we chatted a bit. She raised her eyebrows and smiled when I told her today was Thomas's 46th birthday. We talked about how he had such a HUGE nose when he was a new born, he looked like a little old man. We'll call him tonight before he goes to work and sing Happy Birthday to the old man!

Nice Surprise! Every moment is a gift.

No comments: