Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oxygen Concentrator Alarms are LOUD at 6AM

Mom isn't very responsive today. This morning when I came down she wasn't drinking but I'm giving her drops with the sponge or the straw. She is swallowing. Her last morphine was at 8:30PM last night. She opened her eyes a little bit but isn't answering questions or nodding. I gave her some morphine before I rolled her per the nurse/doc and she is sleeping soundly now. Her face is peaceful, no stress there. I massaged her feet this morning and changed her socks.

Early this morning the oxygen concentrator alarm went off. The first time it was 6AM, I turned it off and then back on and all seemed fine. Then the second time it was about 7AM and I turned it off and then hooked up a regular tank. I called the oxygen tech at 9AM, he came and hooked up a new one and gave us a new portable tank.

Sam, Poppa & Tony went to the shooting range this afternoon. It was packed so they shot a little bit of skeet instead. Sam hit his first clay pigeon today, he was excited to share that news when he got home. After a bit of skeet they took a drive, one of dad's favorite things to do. Being the wonderful husband Tony is, he brought pizza home. Love this man!!

The girls left at 7AM this morning to give snowboarding another whirl, except this time on the big hill at Alyeska. Sarah just called to report no injuries, Praise God!! They were heading to Anchorage and then out to dinner before coming home. Sounds like it was a great time.

I'm off to serve pizza.

Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pam - love to you and of course to your mom. thank you so for all your writings and keeping us informed. Carol