Monday, February 25, 2008

Hospice Nurse

Ocean in Hawaii



Vicki was here this afternoon. She thought mom would pass in the next 48 hrs. It isn't often that they give time, but she felt that mom's current condition was a good sign that things are progressing rapidly now. I just smile...because I know the One who numbers our days and has mom firmly in His hand. So I'll just trust God to take mom home when He decides.

Vicki asked me, "so how is your mom" my response is, WONDERFUL! She is just hours away from GLORY! Praise God!!! I don't understand the whole "higher power" business. There is only ONE way to Heaven folks. Christ said, I am the way, the truth, the light. He is the DOOR to the way, He is the ONLY hope we have of spending another minute with mom or our loved ones. He that acknowledges me before men, I will acknowledge him before my father. There is no Allah, Mohammad, Buddha, or other god that has risen from the dead, that has the power to save...only Jesus. Soooo if you aren't on board...get there quickly! Okay..mini sermon over...mom always said I preach too much.....guess so.....I won't make any excuse for that.

The days ahead are going to be difficult, there is no way to avoid that. I don't look forward to a single minute without mom's presence here, or dealing with what is to come. BUT I know that He that started this good thing in me is perfecting me even now through the work He has put in my path. I accept the work, am willing to do it with all my strength and the power of the Holy Spirit living in me. I'll let Him worry about the details of my life.

There is no better place to be, than doing the perfect will of God. No greater peace than that given by Him.

Thanks for the call Aunt Ruby dad sure enjoys hearing from you. And Aunt JoAnn, it is always nice to hear your voice and know your thoughts are in our direction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glory, yes that will be glory...
What a wonderful time that will be and of all the songs what a wonderful Savior. Uncle Don and I join in the songs of praise with you.
Aunt Cathy