Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No town today


I stayed home today to be with mom. Tony and Sarah did the Anchorage run.


The Hospice director Dr. Robert Neubaur called this afternoon and asked if he could come by for a visit. I said yes, of course then dashed off to make sure the house wasn't a wreck. He didn't tell me anything we didn't already know and he said we were doing everything right. I couldn't think of any questions to ask, I think I'm pretty full of info for now, or just too tired to think. He did say we should continue with the lactulose as she could tolerate to help bind and remove the ammonia in her system. It might help her communicate more clearly. Bob talked to dad a bit and was quite gentle with mom. He said mom's pulse was 88, reps 10, and her lungs clear.

Vicki our Hospice nurse comes tomorrow. I need to give mom a bath and get her ready for bed. She seems to be awake more in the evening so I will do it then.


I called funeral homes today for dad. I never in a million years thought I'd be doing this. I don't know why? Like none of my family members were going to age and die? Not sure what I was thinking...maybe that we'd all be raptured together so we wouldn't have to grieve the loss of one another. That sounds good!


I woke up singing this today...


DC Talk's

He Knows My Name


I have a maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands


He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call


I have a father
He calls me his own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go


He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call


And He knows YOUR name
He knows your every thought
He sees all those tears that fall
And he'll hear you when you call


Good stuff and so true. I love Jesus and the tender way he loves me back. When Tony and Sarah got home this afternoon I was feeling kind of anxious. Tony hugged me and I laid my head on his chest. His arms around me give me such a sense of peace and safety. I imagine when I see Jesus that his arms around me will feel something like that, comforting and peaceful, like there is no better place to be. Looking forward to it, hope it is soon!

No comments: