Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oxygen


The oxygen concentrator is going. The comfort care package was Fed Ex'd yesterday and we received it this afternoon. Changing pain meds to something more concentrated so mom doesn't have to swallow large doses.

The Hospice nurse came today.

I'm tired, having people in and out of the house every day is exhausting. I don't expect anyone for the weekend. Maybe I'll try to take a nap on Saturday.
Sam and Tony are testing for their purple belts in karate tonight. Sarah is at Community Choir practice. Emily Joy decided to stay home and bake cookies for Poppa.

I think I'd like to make a quilt out of mom's cotton robes & shirts. She has some pretty wild patterns that will make for a bright quilt. I was thinking about some of her clothes tonight while doing laundry and I thought it would be nice to have a cozy quilt to cuddle with. I was thinking dad might like one to snuggle under while he watches golf in his recliner.

I'm not a quilter, in fact have only done ONE huge project which sits unfinished. It is a grandmother's garden pattern that I started about 6 yrs ago while I waited for the kids to finish their choir practice. It is all hand pieced, hexagons sewn into a flower pattern. I'll post a photo. It should be hand quilted but I haven't been successful the few times I tried. I can't machine quilt it as it has to follow the pattern of each hexagon...ideally that is. We'll see. I thought I'd make the first quilt for my eldest and then work my way down, figuring I'd have more time for each one...but didn't figure it would take THIS long. I really should have done a wall hanging or smaller project for my first quilt.
The laundry calls. Night all.

No comments: