Friday, February 29, 2008

Beauty in the Midst of Our Cold, Windy, Sad Day

From Edie & Mike

From Aunt BJ & Uncle Ed




From the McDonald Sisters


Dad and I went to the funeral home this morning, it was difficult. We stopped at the grocery store and then headed home. After lunch I decided to take the dog out and throw his ball, something I haven't done in some time.


It is cold, windy and ugly here, that pre-break up weather, just before it gets really muddy and messy. If it weren't for the birds and the mountains, I could skip February & March altogether. I walked around the side of the house and found a pot that I bought a couple years ago for mom, thinking it would be nice above her kitchen sink on the window ledge. I never got around to sending it, but when I saw it today I knew exactly where it belonged.


Before I left Idaho in October I took a start from mom's Aloe Vera plant. It has been sitting on my kitchen counter in a little cup of water, growing sturdy roots, all this time. Every time I watered it I would think, where am I going to put this? Today, I found its home.


While I was planting it, the door bell rang and when I came out of the kitchen there were three lovely gifts on the table. Thank-you McDonald Sisters, Aunt BJ, Uncle Ed, Edie & Mike. ...you certainly did brighten my day. Those of you who have called and emailed, thank-you for sharing in our grief, your words have brought us comfort.


Love,


Pamela, Don & Family

No comments: