Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Working on a Pillow


I cross stitched this picture for Grandma Vi (Violet) in 1987, the year I got married. It hung on Grandma's livingroom wall above the hutch. After she passed, mom had it in her craft room, and when mom passed away, I brought it home. I decided to take it out of the frame and turn it into a pillow. I love the colors and have some fabric from a grandmother's garden quilt I was working on that should work as a border. I've never done this before, so I'm learning as I go.


The Lily of the Valley flower was on my wedding announcement and on mom's headstone.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that cross stitch. Grandma Vi loved Lilly of the Valley in any form. Glad you have it.

The "sugar" must be very loveable and enjoyes going to school. How fun!

God is at work and I certainly do look forward to HIS blessings as I turn from my sin and rejoice in HIS GRACE. Love, Aunt Cathy