Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Medicine


This is a photo of Willy after a big wet snow, we had to shower him off to melt the snow balls. He was quite a sight.
The doctor ordered anti-nausea meds and mom has taken a half dose. She is sleeping but when I woke her to try to feed her she said she was still nauseated..so I might have to give her the other 1/2. She isn't taking any of her meds or eating. I go in every so often to give her something to drink. The nurse wanted me to know that she might be declining now and that I should be prepared. I don't think so. I could be wrong...but I just don't "feel" like we are there yet. But what do I know...I don't have any experience with dying. My thinking is that if she can still be a smart alec she must not be ready to go. She smiled and laughed when I told her I wanted her to eat something and said, "Aren't I frustrating." I said "YES, but that's okay, I love you anyway!!"


Happy Birthday to Aunt JoAnn!!


I'm off here to clean the bathroom, change the laundry and see if I can coax mom into drinking some juice.

No comments: