Saturday, February 16, 2008

Is today the day?

That's what I wonder every day I wake up, will mom pass away today? Will she enter her eternal rest, will the veil part and she'll be glorified? Her blood pressure is down to 96/60 and her pulse went from 95 yesterday to 65 today. Maybe today is her day.

Yesterday afternoon dad came in and kissed her, which he does every time he passes the doorway, and asked her if she knew who he was. She said yes and then I said, who am I, and she said "My mother"...guess she isn't too far off on that one. So she got more kisses!

Dad sat downstairs with mom all evening. We waffle from being emotional to laughing.

Today during our morning routine she wasn't too happy that I had to uncover her and roll her. She said "Beth, stop it!" I laughed, thinking she thought I was Bethie and was bugging her somehow. Early this morning she said, "I thought we were going," and I said, "going where," and she said "going home, I thought we were going home," I reassured her that soon we would.

She is calm and peaceful. Her skin is cool and clean, she is listening to gentle music...well she's snoring and I'm listening to peaceful music. I asked her if she wanted a hat on and she said yes, so I put her red raspberry colored, super soft hat on and she looks quite snuggly.

Oh death where is your sting....well for Mom and anyone who loves Jesus, there is no sting, only glorification when we step behind the veil. And I was reading that Jesus, who sits at the right hand of the Father, gets up off the throne and comes to welcome us home. Isn't that something....for each believer who enters into his rest, He is welcomed by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Talk about a personal touch!!! Looking forward to it.

To be absent from the body is to be in the presence of the King! pamelaparaphrase

Come Lord Jesus, let's go home!!

No comments: