Monday, February 18, 2008

Good-Bye Sharon

The home health nurse came for the last time today. I'm going to miss her and hope that the Hospice nurses are as wonderful as she has been.

Hospice comes at 10AM and the gal said they would be here about 2 hours. One hour for the intake and one hour for the nurse.

Mom was more awake tonight than she has been in awhile. I asked her if I could wash her hair and she agreed. Late last week she said that I couldn't, so I was pleased that tonight she agreed. I washed and did a little blow dry and then popped her hat back on. She's sporting her red raspberry fuzzy hat with a rolled brim, she looks very cozy.

Dad is sitting in the recliner next to her bed watching a PBS show about American Indians.

I'm headed to bed so I can get up early and get the kiddlets on task before Hospice arrives.

~He will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces~




No comments: