Monday, April 7, 2008

Warning Idaho....Don L. Shaffer is heading home!!!

Dad received the paperwork he was waiting for in today's mail. We filled it out and then he was ready to order his ticket home. He has things to do in Idaho. I offered to go with him but after discussing it he wants to go home and get settled alone. I will follow in May with the rest of the family.

I'm mixed, I want him to go home so he can feel settled again, adjust to home without mom, get a taste of what his new normal is going to be. But I don't want him to go, when he goes I will miss being able to take care of him, the connection to mom through him...all that. Yet time goes on and we have to keep going. It is going to be hard...one more step in the grieving process.

Dad says he might summer in Idaho and winter in Alaska...we'll see.

So watch out Idaho....Don L is headed your way, look for him to land on Friday, April 18th.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well shucks...we were just getting used to having him around here. :) :) I know you'll miss him, Pam. But you know how fast time flies. He'll be back before you know it. Sooner, maybe, once he starts to miss your yummy cooking!

Hugs, sweetie

Charity